2016 Provincial Championship Tournaments
Updated: May 28, 2016
Applications to participate in BCBUA assigned tournaments and championships for 2016 are now being accepted.
The championship tournament season is busy this year and we need your help with the 18+ tournaments we are staffing. It is especially busy in the Interior and on the Island this year, and as always the August long weekend requires a lot of umpires.
The 2016 BC Summer Games are being held in Abbotsford. It is an exciting event to be part of. It should be noted that participation in this event is voluntary; no game fees can be paid.
The list of tournaments can be found here: 2016 Expression of Interest. Check back to this link for updates to this document as the season progresses.
Level 2 or higher is required to be considered for most tournaments. 2016 exam deadline is May 31.
To aid in the planning process, applications should be in by June 15, 2016. Members are encouraged to still apply after this date as some tournaments will still have slots to be filled.
If you are interested in working any of these tournaments, please send your name, contact information, along with which tournament(s) you would consider to: email@example.com, Attention: Provincial Chair.
NOTE: Please include current work experience (levels worked this year) in your application, specifically including experience at the actual level applied for.
Thanks for your consideration. Staffing decisions for these tournaments should be made by early July and Tournament Supervisors will contact the umpires selected.
2016 John Main Tournament
Updated: April 27, 2016
The BCBUA will be staffing the 2016 John Main Tournament, May 26-29, 2016 in Aldergrove BC.
Applications to umpire at this event are now being accepted. Applicants should be Level 2 umpires capable of working high level Peewee (13U) baseball. Games are Thursday and Friday night, all day Saturday, and finals on Sunday. Umpires do not need to be available for all days.
National and Senior Level 3 mentors are also welcome at this event to work with the younger umpires.
If interested, send an email to the Provincials Chair, Rick Antoniak at firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 Registration is now Open
Updated: January 5, 2016
IF RENEWING A PREVIOUS MEMBERSHIP (2013 - 2015):
- Go to membership website (click here)
- Sign in using your member login.
- Review your information and register for 2016.
- Select a clinic you want to attend and register for it.
FOR NEW MEMBERS:
- Go to membership website (click here)
- Click on registration
- Click on clinic pre-registration
- Follow the instructions shown.
- Click on the clinic you may want to attend.
- You will register first for 2016 membership and then the clinic.
IF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN YOUR PASSWORD OR MEMBER NUMBER:
- Click on the word (forgot?) behind the password.
- Enter the email used when registered.
- Click on retrieve password.
- The member number and password will be sent to the email address entered provided a match is found in the database.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THAT EMAIL OR IT IS INCORRECTLY ENTERED:
- Send an email to email@example.com attention system administrator identifying the member – first and last names, the birth date and location (city, etc.) requesting an update to the email address.
- The number and password will be sent to that email.
Allan Wins 2015 Dick Willis Award!
Updated: November 9, 2015
At the conclusion of the 2015 Baseball Canada Fall Convention, Rob Allan was awarded the Dick Willis Memorial Award for Umpire of the Year.
From the Baseball Canada website:
Rob had a busy summer in 2015 as he worked the Pan Am Games, including the plate assignment when Canada took on Cuba, and also was supervisor at the 13U National Championship. An active umpire both on the provincial and local scene, Rob is currently an assistant provincial supervisor in BC and chairs the BC Baseball Umpires Association education committee.
Congratulations Rob, well deserved!
BCBUA Hall of Fame Inductee - Ossie Chavarria
Updated: September 15, 2015
Congratulations to Ossie Chavarria on being inducted into the BCBUA Hall of Fame.